Friday, July 25, 2014

The country cousin meets her city cousin .......

Look I really do quilt .... I had a variety of 1/8ths from Jane Sassamen "marinating" on the shelf.  You know how it is ..... you find some fabric on sale ... and then it is even better when you can split the deal a friend right?  So my friend, Sheila, and I split a nice stack of fat quarters.  And they looked really pretty sitting on my shelf.  Then one day I thought .... those solids really compliment those Sassamen fabrics.  I had been hoarding solid fabrics for sometime wanting to create an Amish style quilt.  But I threw some fabric to the wind and created this ..... Hope you like it!!!

.

2 comments:

  1. Some wonderful surprises can happen when using Jane Sassaman fabrics!
    (You posted a question to my blog yesterday, but since you are a "no-reply" blogger, I was unable to answer it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's beautiful. I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete