Sunday, July 20, 2014

First Harvest ....

A vegetable garden is on the outside todo list for this property.  I have had gardens in the past some successful and some .....well lets just say not so much.  I enjoy the process of gardening.  Planing, planting, watching the plants grow, and the harvest.  I have discovered another motivation for bring the garden plan to life.  A friend was telling me about a "cannery" that is located in her town.  You bring your vegetables and everything else is available, for a price of coarse, and you leave the mess behind.  I really would like to try that next year.  So I know that you are wondering about my first harvest because by now you know that I do not have a garden ..... well while walking near the overgrown mess corner I discovered what everyone locally is getting from the side of the road.  Blackberries!!!  So my wonderful DH made breakfast this morning and included the berries.  Pancakes, sausage, and eggs........ and coffee.

Yummy!  And what a pleasant surprise.  So now I need to work on removing the the other plants that might choke out the berry plants.  Add another thing to my growing list.  If you would really like to see a wonderful garden (vegetable and flowers) then you need to visit my favorite blog for eye candy.   miaslandliv.blogspot.com  She has so much inspiration on her site that I have been known you to spend a bit of time visiting her site.

1 comment: