Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Discovering quilts .......

My curiosity about quilts started while I was living in Lancaster County.  I lived in the area until the seventh grade.  I would see the quilts hanging on the laundry line while dancing with the wind.  The lifestyle that the Amish lived and their quilts seeded a passion in my heart from the start.  It was not till I found myself living in Georgia with two small children, my DH, and a full time nursing career that the seed suddenly needed to be planted.  So what does one do you might ask?  Well I joined a quilt guild - I mean who else was going to help me grow?  I remember how forgone the language was and that the "quilt police" where everywhere.  I was starting to see the world thru a quilter's eye.  I have some dear friends now that had doubts that I was ever going to become a quilter.  Now I am not published nor have I won any awards.  But I do stand tall when I say ... that I am a Quilter!!  I love the feel of fabric,  the sound of my machine,  the sights at a quilt show, the tasty goodies at retreat, and the tickle of fibers in my nose.  Well that covers all of my senses.... What does quilting do for you?

1 comment:

  1. Seeing my quilts come to life is the thing that makes me want to get up in the morning. As I look back I realize that quilting has been the catalyst that began many of my most dear friendships.

    ReplyDelete