Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Whirlwind of Fabric ..... and Friends

Last weekend I had three wonderful quilters at my home.  All four of us live in different cities.  We started sewing, quilting , laughing, and bonding many years ago at a quilt retreat that now meets twice a year.  Our retreat group is composed of between 20-28 women and our ages range from late 40's to early 90's.  Everyone has their own unique color palette and the knowledge in that room can only be described as infinite.  I will be honest with you and say that we do not always agree with each other but, we do respect and care about each other.  We are each others muse.  The four of us meet two others for lunch on saturday.  We descended upon a Quilt shop, a Bead shop, and of course thrifting and antiquing just mingled there way in to the day.  Bless My Stitches in Murphy, NC was a pleasant surprise.  I will defiantly return for future shopping.  The four of us purchased owl fabric to make a tote.  Well ...... only one finished hers, you understand how that goes sometimes.
Birdsong Beads and Designs really had some unique pieces and the six of us would like to take a class.  Hopefully we can arrange for that to materialize within the next couple of months.  During the thrifting of goods some of us found treasure that had to return home with their new owner.  We discovered two machines one was a feather weight and the other we think was a hand crank converted to electric.  Has anyone hear of a "NewBee" machine?  The decals looked great.  The gentleman was selling these items along side of the road and we all wondered how the machines would perform.  Neither machine traveled home with anyone.  Oh well a feather weight will be in my future one day.  The weekend flew .... filled with laughter, fabric, and friends.  I do cherish our times together but those girls always leave me with new projects to finish .... well I did say they are my muse didn't I?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun.
    The "New Bee" is a very recently made Chinese machine of extremely inferior quality. I'm glad you left it there.

    ReplyDelete